Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Friday, June 11, 2010

Recipe Challenge Day 5

Today is the last day of the Recipe Challenge.  I hope you all have enjoyed seeing the beautiful projects our team has put together as much as I have enjoyed them.  Our guest designer for the final day is Rheannon.  She has put together a gorgeous recipe card book with our vintage images.  It is filled with bright color papers and pockets.  This project is sure to make cooking fun.

Her is her bio in her own words.
Bio: My name is Rheannon. I live in North Idaho, married to a wonderful man, and have an incredible soon to be 6 year old son. I love all types of crafts but have a particular love for paper. I work at a private school during the day, play with my son in the afternoon, and craft till midnight!

Project details: My recipe card book is 7x6 inches with a pocket perfect for a standard size recipe card. I used K&Co (Amy Butler - Lucky Flowers) paper throughout. I kept the embellishments very simple as I plan to use this baby in the kitchen. I love the bold colors and stitching. Simple textures with small Primas and folded paper mimic 50's style's I am fond of. The book is finished with my bind-it-all. Cora's images were easily re-sized with perfect clarity for this project.

You can see more of Rheannon's beautiful art work on her blog.

This the image from the front cover of the Larkin Housewives Cook Book.



This is the title page of the book.  Have fun creating!

5 comments:

  1. Even though I hardly cook anymore, I thoroughly enjoyed viewing the creations of the guest designers this week. Great idea, Cora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such wonderful projects have been made with these amazing images! thank you to everyone for all of your hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful graphics from an old cookbook. I have my mom's cookbook from the early 1920's. Need to look at it again to see if it is illustrated. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rheannon this is just fabulous! This would make a great gift for someone who loves to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a loveley book you made there !! I made also a cookbook for my doughter

    http://scrapveld.blogspot.com/2010/06/kookboekje.html
    thank you for the inspirations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.